The Kuching Waterfront New Extension is a joint venture development between Ibraco Berhad, listed on the main market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Sdn Bhd and Pelita Holdings Sdn Bhd, subsidiary of Land Custody and Development Authority, via the newly incorporated joint venture company, Ibraco Pelita Sdn Bhd.
The Kuching Waterfront has undergone several transformations since the 19th century – from a small settlement to a busy port with warehouses and wharves, to the landscaped riverside walk it is today and this evening, as we gathered for the earth breaking of the Kuching Waterfront New Extension, we are witnessing another new chapter of the transformation.
The Kuching Waterfront New Extension represents part of Yang Amat Berhormat Pehin Sri’s visions for a greater city of Kuching, by transforming the Sungai Kuching riverbank into a multipurpose waterfront esplanade providing an ideal venue for outdoor activities. This project which enhances the natural beauty of our Sungai Kuching will become a scenic attraction for both local and tourists.
This new extension, being a restoration and reclamation project, is the continuation of the existing Kuching waterfront esplanade, spanning a distance of approximately one kilometer from Grand Margherita Hotel. The significance of this development is to transform the existing riverbank into a vibrant and modern waterfront development with an active waterfront promenade that cater for public, tourists, different end users, surrounding community and residents and also a focal point for different business activities.
This Kuching Waterfront New Extension can be split into few main key zones:-
- Landscaped Garden Plaza, is a landscaped open-air civic square for general public leisure, gathering and events.
- The Riverfront Pedestrian Mall, is a public waterfront promenade that is integrated side-by-side with the ground floor and facility podium of high rise serviced apartments and that create areas of open-air promenade and semi-enclosed public walk, the latter is ideal for F&B restaurant, café and kioks.
- The Festive Tourist and Entertainment Hub, to promote cultural stage performance, art and craft of local artists with outlets displaying local handicrafts and souvenir items. Not forgetting themed F&B outlets serving local cuisines and delicacies as well as the waterfront pavilion that provide a true avenue to experience the magnificent Sungai Sarawak sunset.
- Office Park that house both local and expatriate firms.
- Exclusive waterfront residential development with private jetty.
This project also involves improvement of public access and traffic linkage to waterfront area, such as provision of new river taxi points; construction of new esplanade road of 600m length dual carriage, additional carparks and upgrading and landscaping of existing roads at Jalan Chan Chin Ann, Jalan Padungan Utara and Jalan Sungai Padungan.Back to List Next Property